Friday, October 10, 2008

Coffee Farm

Today...I ran 3 miles straight. I could've kept running too, I wasn't tired, and had plenty on my mind...but I decided, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I could've ran until I passed out. It was great! I hate running, it's such a mind game. Yesterday I could hardly run a mile, I was dieing...mostly due to being estar de goma to all hell (hungover). I didn't go to volunteering or class cause it was so bad. It was Ruchi's birthday Wednesday so she had a party at her house (cause her mom's awesome)...tons of people, lots of dancing, it was super fun. It was pretty funny, Greg and I were standing there talking with like 5 other Guatemalans, and I was like, do you think these kids have any idea what I'm saying...and like a few of them looked at me and were like, yea, we understand everything! ShiT! Good thing I didn't say anything bad, at least I don't remember saying anything bad... You always have to be careful what you say! I hope that happens to mexicans back in the states with me...I'll just mumble off some spanish right back at them, ha! Anyway, so running sucks, but I killed it today.

Weekend: Going to a coffee farm! Woooo. I'm looking forward to it, we're doing 2 hikes to waterfalls where we get to go swimming. Also theres talk of picking medicinal plants...who knows. Should be pretty cool. We also get a private bus there which kicks ass cause usually we take a chicken bus which can be hell...packed in like sardines with indigenous people who smells like cow shit and dirt. Have I told you all about the people who come on the buses? Well there are the ones who come on and try to sell nuts, tamales, drinks, etc...but there are also people who come on there missing both arms but still holding a tray to put money in, another guy had a gaping gushing bloody hole in his stomach, people come on there trying to sell herbal sex enhancers or muscle toners, others are just flat out preaching...its so weird. I captured the selling on film once...I'll check to see if I can post that video on here. Well, that's all for now. Crystal is having us all over at her place tonight to watch a movie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for running. I hate it too.

Are you saying you were speaking in English and they understood?
You should be speaking nothing but Spanish to each other by now!

A coffee farm does sound very interesting. Hope you take pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.