Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Answers to Qs

From Dylan: Did you feel the presence of any lithium in the water or anything? There are some hot springs up here that make me feel a little drugged afterwards beyond the normal relaxation that comes with hot water.
A: NO, felt nothing of the sort...after many beers and rum, I felt drunk though...haha.

From Dylan:Do you still only drink bottled water? Do you have to watch out where you get your ice?
A: Yes, only bottled water, even the locals drink bottled water. About the ice, well there pretty much isnt any here expcept for places like pizza hut and mcdonalds. If you order a shake anywhere that is not corporate, you get flavored water type stuff that is slightly colder than room temperature...If youre in a corporate place you usually dont have to worry about the lettuce, tomatoes, water, ice, anything really.

From Dylan: How safe do you feel down there? It seems like the town is safe and travelling in your big group works. But will just you and another girl feel safe on a trip that remote? What's it like in that regard? Kate and I just finished our 9 day road trip through Central Mexico.
A: Safety isnt really an issue during the daytime up until dark. Around dark you shoudl walk with someone else, but Ive walked home at like 9 once and was scared cause there werent any people and I was a lone, but there wasnt any other option since no one was at the school with me. So I ran. Later, around 11 and later, you should be in a group. Weve heard of people getting mugged but its more like give me this, and you do and they go, if you refuse, they hurt you. So they tell us to keep money on us just to give those types if it happens. Otherwise I feel safe, you just have to keep alert and keep your ears open cause cars and busses like to screw with you and get close to you if your in the street so if youre walking you should be on the sidewalk when there are cars. A bus has gotten 5 inches from me from behind once and my heart almost stopped. Other cars have swerved towards me to scare me, thats annoying. I think that Jill and I will be fine on that trip because we will be around many people during the day, travelers, and its not much of a problem. The places we are going also are pretty touristy so Im not too worried about it. The only thing is getting groped on a bus or having a drunk sit next to you and annoy you for hours. As long as we dont do anything stupid well be fine, and were not stupid so...I think well live. And when the hell did you go to Mexico for 9 days and why did you do that rather than visit me assholes?!!!?

From Dylan: So how is it that you plan to have the stomach for medicine but you fah-reek out when there is rice in your meatballs?
A: I will pass on meatballs with rice looking things to the nurses.

Well apparently there were only questions from Dylan...any others? And sorry for not writing a blog about me weekend yet, havent really had a lot of time since Ive gotten back. Over the weekend like 6 other people came to the house so they are always using the computers and since I dont have mine, dumb idea, I have to wait or borrow...tonight I hope! I will take more pics today for you all and videos, I have one for you lindsay! Also, later I will be adding more pics to the folder in picassa about the beach, cause I havent uploaded mine yet so check that folder again. I will try to let you all know when I add photos to an existing album so you can see it...can you see my friends folders? Just wondering cause right now I just take their pics when I want and upload them as my own, but if you can see them without me doing that, that would save me some time, but then again its ok because I need to get those pics for myself. Ok...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we can see the other pictures so you don't have to duplicate them. I enjoyed looking at them all today.

Don't have any questions at the moment other than who am I supposed to send your computer, etc down with? I need to get in contact with them soon.

Tropical storm Edouardo will be reaching us tonight. A little rain so far; hopefully there will be more. What's the temps like there now you're in the middle of summer?

It didn't look like there were many people on the beach. Is that not a popular thing to do?

Anonymous said...

Looks likeyou are having lots of fun. Err, are you learning spanish too?

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, your preggers picture was hilarious! I'm going to frame it and pretend its real to anyone who comes over. I'm going to say thats the "true" reason you left to guatamala. Ha ha ha ha!! Skype with me soon ok??