Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lazy Weekend

This weekend was worthless! Saturday we stayed at Baviera, the coffee shop for like 7 hours, 5 of us, iming eachother...not talking although we were sitting next to eachother. But it was great! We needed the relaxation time. Then that night we came back to the school and watched 21, an entertaining but not the best movie. Then sunday Jill, Amy, Alexis, Crystal and I went to play vball at the complejo (sports complex) but the net we bought was too small to fit between the poles that were set up so...we improvised. We took 2 soccer goals and moved them the perfect distance to set up our net and it worked great! Turns out Crystal is a great setter so Jill and I were able hit, it felt great to hit! Ended up playing against 5 other Guatemaltecos who said they were able to play but then ended up sucking so we quit with them and played doubles for a little while. Then skipped lunch with the folks and ate at Subway, always a special occasion, soooo yummy. What next...nothing really, Jill and I tried to watch the olympics but they weren't on. Here they are only on in the early early morning and late at night so it's nearly impossible to watch which really sucks. Then I went home and did nothing, ate dinner, then came back to the school and checked the email, then went home again and read, and bed...nothing at all this weekend and it was fabulous. I've moved on to intermediate spanish...nothing special, still learning stuff I already know, I think the key is just to talk for 4 hours rather than learn unless you dont use stuff correctly...whatev. I speak so much better to my teacher than my family, its great, sometimes I surprise myself when sentances flow out and I didn't really think about it. Getting better! Next week Amy's friends come with my computer, yea! Then I can skype all the time! Ok, I'm bored of blogging, sor. Love ya.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

I've been watching the Olympics online at www.nbcolympics.com . They've got a great tool where you can watch footage from the day before. It's a big screen that looks great. You can even watch 4 events simultaneously which is cool because sometimes women's badminton doubles gets kind of boring.