Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finger it Out

So, before I left for here I sliced my finger with a cerrated knife while cutting flower stems...I was afraid it would get infected here, and it did, and is. Awesome. So tonight Im going to reopen the wound, clean the hell out of it, and hope it gets better. I really dont want to go to the doctor here...who knows what theyd do. Im sure the directors know someone to trust but id rather try it myself. Anyway, lesson today is going better. Learned parts of the body and moved on to irregular verbs which I also know but Im learning new verbs and words as we go. I need to buy notecards to go over each night in bed. Who knows if they sell those here. Ive started getting to know the city, well at least zona 1. I think there are 6 zonas...a couple I think they said we wont go to, I assume they are bad parts. Last night after dinner I brought out my pictures of my family and they said you were all very good looking! They said mom and dad looked young, too bad they didnt see a picture of dads new doo, cause then theyd think hes my brother! haha. I wanted to get up this morning and go to yoga but jill and i couldnt get a hold of eachother on the walkie talkies to arrange a meeting time, maybe the building block too much for reception. I didnt want to go the first time alone, and get lost alone, so Ill wait until tomorrow morning. Its from 650 to 750 am, and class at 830...waking up to work out has never been easy but i think since i get up that early anyways if i dont work out it should be ok. Tomorrow try again. Its really cold here in the morning...not enough to see your breath but still cold while sitting for 4 hours talking. They have tea and coffee at the school though so that helps a lot. Tonight we are going out for our first time with one of the other students at the school who has been here studying a long time, her name is June, shes oriental and super nice. Shes going to show us where to go out...well, were tagging along. Then next time were alone. What else...oh, my stomach has been feeling weird lately, as has many others...eating tons of beans will do that i think. i ate some pepto pills last night and i feel ok today. ahh barf, for lunch yesterday my host mother put this huge hunk of cheese on my plate with spaghetti and i was like, shit, i hate cheeses. so i tried it and it was sour and nasty as all hell like i thought so when they told me it was homemade i had to find out a way to tell them i couldnt eat it without offending them. so i told them some cheeses upset my stomach because in america we usually eat only chedder and milk is ok too...haha, well it worked and they understood, and after the little i ate my stomach hurt so it wasnt complete bullshit. cheese=barf. its break time now during lessons, everyone has tea or coffee and some snack that is made my the school family...today its something red with some white cheese im not eating. last night with beans and tortillas we had cooked banana...that was weird, didnt taste very good but tolerable, ate it all. anyway, must go back to lesson now...

2 comments:

Berge said...

Yuk - that must have been goat cheese - homemade goat cheese - yuk! this is all very funny.

Dylan said...

This trip is partially about pushing your limits. I'm crossing my fingers that you're not someone that stays at a guests house but is picky about food.

And wait, aren't you there with some medical related program? It seems weird that you are scared of going to the doctor. I wouldn't want to go to them for surgery but you'll be just fine seeing them for the basic stuff.