Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stuff

Hi all, not so sure what to tell ya, nothing new since last time I blogged. New pics up soon from Las Fuentes. I have been getting a little braver with telling my host mom what I want...for example I asked to have less food a few times...just too much fucking carbs here. Though some stuff is great and I want to learn to cook it and write a little cook book to take home. Jill gained 10lbs already, though the girl eats icecream probably 5 times a week and cookies and chips...I'm not that bad but nor have I weighed myself. YIKES. I just told my mom that we have snacks at school everyday and that I'm not that hungry at lunch for so much food, so she understands, and it's true, we do have snacks. Often tortillas, hard or soft, with beans, or avacadoes, or salsa, or cheese, or all the above, sometimes fruits, sometimes this weird hot chocolate with rice in it that looks like maggots swimming around, I can't look at it, nor really drink/eat it, freaks me out. That same rice was in my lunch the other day in the soup, but not only was it in the soup, it was in the meatballs so when you cut open a meatball it looks like there were maggots inside...these things I don't look at, and just eat it or else I'd flip the fuck out, pods galore. Last night I ate a fig, it was green and had a hairy center, which also freaked me out to the point of almost not eating it, it looked like a mouth with teeth all around the whole circle and inside lsfdjsldfjasfksdfjslfj I can't even handle thinking about it. Anyway, last night we had a speaker who fought as a guerilla in the repression here, it was pretty interesting, though you could tell he's got some post-traumatic stress issues. For those of you who don't know, there was a big civil war here not too long ago, which isn't taught in schools here even, which killed hundreds of thousands of indigenous people. The guerillas were on the side of the indigenous and fought against the army here, often other coutnries like the USA funded this and other countries gave arms...it's all pretty screwed up, I can't really explain it cause I get bored listening to history and stop paying attention and start day dreaming. Anyway, we've now watched 4 movies about the war, 2 of which were of good enough quality to not fall asleep, and had 2 speakers about it, all really boring to me. What else, I've begun to teach the birdie to say my name, though I have to do it at odd times so no one sees me repeating my name over and over to a freakin parrot. It has the smallest cage, I will take a picture of Paco for you all. Apparently they found him injured one day and have been taking care of him since. Though I really want to buy him a bigger cage. Maybe I will. Or maybe I'll take him back to the USA! Ha! Anyway, trying to teach him to say my name. That would be awesome. Today after the speaker Jill, Greg, Crystal and I are going to the Complejo Deportivo to play volleyball with my papa and his friends, should be fun! Each week he gives me shit for not coming on wednesday so now we're going and he's going to regret it! I'm excited. Jill and I layed out sunday at the school, and did a little peppering, in our bikinis, I'm pretty sure Tio, the old old man who lives here pooped his pants. He came outside to sunbathe as usual but this time there were two girls in bikinis! Haha. He tries talking to everyone, and he's a great old man, but I most of the time have no idea what he is saying cause his words slur, so it's hard, but I try. I think he taught Paco how to say Paco. I guess if it starts raining, no vball, and it's thundering now so not a good sign. I think I mentioned that some people have bed bugs right? Jill showed me hers today, she probably has over 100, all around her stomach and back and arms and legs...she itches constantly! It's so bad, we went to Hyper (owned by walmart) and bought dog and cat flee spray, raid, tylenol pm, and calamine for her yesterday...and still new bites today! If I believed in god, I'd thank him for my kick ass house. Ok, conference time. Adios. Guess I had more to say than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaa, ha, ha that fig thing - now that's funny there alright. A fruit with a mouth and teeth - Haaaaa, ha, ha.

Please send some more videos, like of the family, and the bird - I guess.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what dad said! And forget brining home the stupid parrot, bring home a kid from the dump would ya?? Your plenty old enough to be a mom now:)

Dylan said...

So how is it that you plan to have the stomach for medicine but you fah-reek out when there is rice in your meatballs?